Monday, January 5, 2015

Almost 30

Brody finally got home a few days before my birthday, wow were we happy to have him home.  I couldn't believe how much Madeleine missed him (I couldn't even bring up his name towards the end without her melting down)

We didn't have much time to plan a fabulous birthday celebration with Brody being gone, but I was able to arrange a babysitter for the night so we could go to dinner and just enjoy some time away.  I finally found a babysitter that only cost $10 an hour (most are at least 15-25 an hour) She was great for the night, but now never gets back to me and is always busy so now I am babysitterless again.  (the woes of living in the most insanely expensive place in the U.S.) 

Anyway, Brody took me to a fancy dinner to celebrate.  I was craving steak and I wasn't disappointed.  We tried Flemings which was right next to our house and we could get a last minute reservation.  All the other steak houses were booked! It was really delicious and I definitely ate my fill!  Being pregnant through all these holidays is rough (when it comes to staying healthy!) 

Oh and I was sick for my birthday--sad day and was really sick for the whole week :( another unfortunate side effect of being pregnant 


In other news...I got a job! I now work part time from home for a small non profit.  Its been fun so far and nice to be back working regularly.  Though I am stressed at times trying to balance it all.  With a new job and a new baby coming, 29 should be a busy but good year for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment