Monday, December 3, 2012

6 Weeks Progress

Things are starting to get easier and easier with the baby. I still have days where I feel like I get nothing done and I feel exhausted, but overall I feel much better about my abilities to be a mom, being the sole caretaker of my little babe.  It was a little hard for me this weekend, because Brody left early Wednesday morning and didn't come home until Saturday night.  I had no one to help me the whole time so I was ready for a break when he got back.  I was able to go on a run this morning and with Brody's help I feel recharged!  

While he was gone we had some fun though.  Most notably-- baby girl had fun rolling over for the first time on Wednesday (Nov. 28).  She was 5 1/2 weeks old.  She was so cute.  She rolled over and when she landed she startled herself and started to cry.  Sadly, she doesn't want to perform for us anymore and hasn't done it again since Wednesday. (she'd roll from her tummy to back and only to one side).

Also, she has started to smile a lot.  She recognizes her dad and smiles at him when he plays with her.  She also smiles at me in the morning.  She's a happy baby in the morning.  She is still fussy at night and keeps me busy tending to her needs from about 4 to 5 until bedtime.  

Smiles- she smiles at Brody more than me though...
Last night she also hit a huge milestone.  She slept through the night! I put her down at around 10 and she didn't get up until 6:20!! I only got up once to check on her at 4:00 so I basically got a full night of sleep for the first time in 6 weeks.  We love her!

First day at church- 6 weeks old!


No comments:

Post a Comment